PLATTSBURGH — Clinton County legislators listened to constituents and unanimously supported a resolution calling for the state’s new gun law to be repealed.
“I think we have a greater chance of being heard if this gets unanimous support,” Legislator Harry McManus (D-Area 1, Champlain) told his fellow legislators before Wednesday night’s vote.
The resolution the legislature approved called for a repeal of the law known as the NY SAFE Act of 2013, and or amending some provisions of it.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act