The Cayuga County Legislature passed a resolution Tuesday evening asking the state to repeal the New York SAFE Act, joining a growing list of counties voicing opposition to the stringent gun law.
The vote, however, was not unanimous.
Following a fairly short discussion, the Legislature voted 9-4 to support a resolution imploring state representatives to nix the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013. Legislators Cynthia Aikman, Mark Farrell, George Fearon and Patrick Mahunik voted against supporting a repeal.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act