Last week, the state Legislature passed and Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed the act that was pushed through in light of recent tragedies at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and first responder shooting deaths in Webster on Christmas Eve.
The [Herkimer County] resolution asserts that the firearms act “fundamentally alters or abridges the right to keep and bear arms without addressing the problems of gun violence.”
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act