At a meeting on Tuesday night, board members in the Town of Geddes voted 5-2 to repeal the New York Safe Act.
The town’s decision is more symbolic than purposeful. “It’s just to put pressure at the top to say, ‘Look it, we’re not in favor of what’s going on here,'” said Manny Falcone, Town Supervisor. “Gives us that right to be heard, so we can move forward in the right way.”
Falcone felt voting to repeal the act was the best decision for the town. “In my mind, I know it’s the right thing to do,” explained Falcone. “I’ve had a lot of constituents call in favor of it.”
Follow us on facebook
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- County Seal (51)
- News (181)
- News favoring (9)
- News opposing (168)
- Resolutions (319)
- Resolutions favoring (1)
- Resolutions opposing (316)
- Uncategorized (9)
- khal spencer on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Jim Trunk on Town of Pleasant Valley resolution calling for repeal of NY SAFE act.
- Limiting Liberty: How Governments Capitalize on Tragedy | PirateTimes on Resolutions
- What impact have SAFE Act gun laws had in Dutchess County? – Poughkeepsie Journal | Harvard Review on Dutchess County Deputy Sheriffs PBA statement on NY SAFE act
- Astorino campaign representative speaks with Vestal, NY residents | VASS political blog on Resolutions
Pingback: Resolution quick list | NY SAFE Resolutions