Gun rights advocates came to a meeting of the Albany County Legislature fully loaded in support of a Hilltowns legislator’s push to repeal the SAFE Act.
The chamber overflowed on Monday, March 11, with a majority of the gathered crowd voicing opposition to new gun control laws. Republican Legislator Deborah Busch presented a proclamation for fellow lawmakers to sign in support of repealing the SAFE Act.
At least 14 legislators had signed the proclamation by the end of the meeting, according to Busch, meaning at least four Democrats signed on. It was not immediately clear which legislators signed the document.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act