Tompkins County lawmakers have tabled action on vote calling on State Lawmakers to repeal the New York Safe Act which established tighter gun restrictions Statewide.
More than 200 people packed the Tompkins County legislative session last night, many of those individuals were there in support of the repeal. The overflow crowd spilled out of the legislative chambers and into the County courtroom one floor below.
59 people spoke during the nearly 3 hour public comment period, 37 speakers urged the County Legislature to endorse the resolution to repeal the revised gun laws, while 22 people spoke in support of the new gun laws adopted back in January.
Follow us on facebook
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- County Seal (51)
- News (181)
- News favoring (9)
- News opposing (168)
- Resolutions (319)
- Resolutions favoring (1)
- Resolutions opposing (316)
- Uncategorized (9)
- khal spencer on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Jim Trunk on Town of Pleasant Valley resolution calling for repeal of NY SAFE act.
- Limiting Liberty: How Governments Capitalize on Tragedy | PirateTimes on Resolutions
- What impact have SAFE Act gun laws had in Dutchess County? – Poughkeepsie Journal | Harvard Review on Dutchess County Deputy Sheriffs PBA statement on NY SAFE act
- Astorino campaign representative speaks with Vestal, NY residents | VASS political blog on Resolutions