Orleans County won’t let the State of New York use the county seal for any enforcement efforts with the SAFE Act, a controversial gun control measure approved by the State Legislature and Gov. Andrew Cuomo last January.
State officials want to use county seals with the state seal on pistol recertification notices. Orleans doesn’t want its seal associated with the SAFE Act.
The county also doesn’t want to devote its resources, whether law enforcement or at the county clerks’ office, to enforcing and processing the SAFE Act.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo - Page 2 on Governor Cuomo’s response to our FOIL request
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo on FOIL request to Governor Cuomo
- Evan on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- John Eddy on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Over half of NY counties have denied Andy Cuomo use of their County Seals on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions