To show a form of protest against the state’s strict gun law, Washington County lawmakers adopted a provision preventing state police from using their county seal on any paper work that deals with the SAFE Act. Washington County’s decision means they join several other upstate counties–including Warren County–who passed similar resolutions.
It was a close verbal vote, Friday, in Washington County, however because the board’s votes are weighted based on population the amendment passed.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act