The current debate about gun control is emotional, both locally and nationwide, but some area law-enforcement personnel say laws already in place are adequate.
They argue that law-abiding citizens are not the problem and that a person who wants to commit a crime will find a way to do so regardless of laws.
Ulster County Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum said the state already has laws prohibiting individuals from possessing fully automatic rifles, along with limitations on high-capacity magazines for ammunition. He said he does not believe there needs to be any change to current gun-control laws because it’s not the honest people who commit crimes.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo - Page 2 on Governor Cuomo’s response to our FOIL request
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo on FOIL request to Governor Cuomo
- Evan on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- John Eddy on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Over half of NY counties have denied Andy Cuomo use of their County Seals on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions