The current debate about gun control is emotional, both locally and nationwide, but some area law-enforcement personnel say laws already in place are adequate.
They argue that law-abiding citizens are not the problem and that a person who wants to commit a crime will find a way to do so regardless of laws.
Ulster County Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum said the state already has laws prohibiting individuals from possessing fully automatic rifles, along with limitations on high-capacity magazines for ammunition. He said he does not believe there needs to be any change to current gun-control laws because it’s not the honest people who commit crimes.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act