The town of Batavia has joined in requesting the state repeal its restrictive new gun-control law and seek public input on the issue for future consideration.
A resolution, approved on a 5-0 vote at Wednesday night’s Town Board meeting, opposes any legislation, including sections within the first chapter of the SAFE Act “which infringe upon the (Constitutional) right of the people to keep and bear arms.”
It also questions the process by which the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act was enacted.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act