As of March 12, Hammond joined 39 townships and 14 law enforcement agencies in the state who have voiced their disapproval with the state’s new law, dubbed the New York State Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, or NYSAFE.
The resolution, written by Councilor Howard Demick, said the state’s lack of proper debate and discussion was a “flawed approach to the issue and a breach of government authority” and an infringement on the Second Amendment.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act