KINGSTON – Ulster County officials held a lively discussion over life and death issues Tuesday night, grappling with gun control and traffic problems. In the end, though, several items remained deadlocked between members of the legislature’s Law Enforcement and Public Safety Committee.
Top of the agenda was a resolution asking the U.S. Congress to pass stricter gun laws, in the wake of last month’s tragic school shooting in Connecticut. “We either do something, or we do nothing, and doing nothing is not an option for me,” said Legislator Donald Gregorius.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act