At its Feb. 5 meeting, the Ontario County Government Operations and Improved Methods Committee will consider a resolution written by Seneca Supervisor John Sheppard that opposes the enactment of the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 and calls upon the New York State Legislature and Gov. Andrew Cuomo to rescind the legislation. Enacted last month, the law governs ownership of assault-style, semi-automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines and requires background checks for ammunition purchases, among other provisions.
Follow us on facebook
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- County Seal (51)
- News (181)
- News favoring (9)
- News opposing (168)
- Resolutions (319)
- Resolutions favoring (1)
- Resolutions opposing (316)
- Uncategorized (9)
- khal spencer on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Jim Trunk on Town of Pleasant Valley resolution calling for repeal of NY SAFE act.
- Limiting Liberty: How Governments Capitalize on Tragedy | PirateTimes on Resolutions
- What impact have SAFE Act gun laws had in Dutchess County? – Poughkeepsie Journal | Harvard Review on Dutchess County Deputy Sheriffs PBA statement on NY SAFE act
- Astorino campaign representative speaks with Vestal, NY residents | VASS political blog on Resolutions
One response to “Ontario County considering resolution opposing NY SAFE act”