At its Feb. 5 meeting, the Ontario County Government Operations and Improved Methods Committee will consider a resolution written by Seneca Supervisor John Sheppard that opposes the enactment of the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 and calls upon the New York State Legislature and Gov. Andrew Cuomo to rescind the legislation. Enacted last month, the law governs ownership of assault-style, semi-automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines and requires background checks for ammunition purchases, among other provisions.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act