In an extraordinary break with a new policy that has been ballyhooed by Cuomo, a wing of the governor’s own party — the Otsego County Democratic Committee — has registered its disagreement with significant aspects of the so-called assault weapon legislation.
A resolution adopted by the committee states that it is “not necessarily apparent that the prohibition of such firearms and magazines will, in fact, enhance pubic safety.” It also states that provisions requiring owners to register weapons that did not previously have to be registered also fails to enhance public safety.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act