In an extraordinary break with a new policy that has been ballyhooed by Cuomo, a wing of the governor’s own party — the Otsego County Democratic Committee — has registered its disagreement with significant aspects of the so-called assault weapon legislation.
A resolution adopted by the committee states that it is “not necessarily apparent that the prohibition of such firearms and magazines will, in fact, enhance pubic safety.” It also states that provisions requiring owners to register weapons that did not previously have to be registered also fails to enhance public safety.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request - TOTAL Firearm Techniques Inc. on Governor Cuomo’s response to our FOIL request
- Michael Sheedy on Resolutions
- Ralph G. Thompson on Town of Berne resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- Rpl on The New York State Sheriffs’ Association’s OFFICIAL Response to NY SAFE Act
- Iroquois Rod & Gun Club Resolution Condemning the NYS SAFE Act 0f 2013, and Supporting Citizens Inalienable Rights to Bear Arms - TOTAL Firearm Techniques Inc. on Iroquois Rod & Gun Club Resolution Condemning the NYS SAFE Act 0f 2013, and Supporting Citizens Inalienable Rights to Bear Arms