The Common Council passed the resolution “supporting the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution” and opposing the New York SAFE Act, a gun control law hastily passed by the state Legislature.
In particular, the resolution contends that the new law would ban guns used for self-defense and recreation, and that Port Jervis citizens “derive economic benefit from all safe forms of firearms recreation, hunting, and shooting conducted in the areas surrounding and abutting the City while using all types of firearms allowable under the United States Constitution and the Constitution of the State of New York.”
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act