The Rockland County Legislature’s Public Safety Committee unanimously passed three resolutions relating to gun control that will go in front of the entire legislature at next week’s regular meeting.
The first resolution urges federal and state representatives to institute policy and legislative reforms with respect to gun control and increased mental health services. The second resolution requests state legislators and Gov. Andrew Cuomo take immediate action to amend the recently passed NY SAFE Act using recommendations from law enforcement officers. The third resolution urges state legislators and Cuomo to keep responsibility for pistol permit recertification process in the hands of the state instead of passing down to local governments.
Follow us on facebook
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- County Seal (51)
- News (181)
- News favoring (9)
- News opposing (168)
- Resolutions (319)
- Resolutions favoring (1)
- Resolutions opposing (316)
- Uncategorized (9)
- khal spencer on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Jim Trunk on Town of Pleasant Valley resolution calling for repeal of NY SAFE act.
- Limiting Liberty: How Governments Capitalize on Tragedy | PirateTimes on Resolutions
- What impact have SAFE Act gun laws had in Dutchess County? – Poughkeepsie Journal | Harvard Review on Dutchess County Deputy Sheriffs PBA statement on NY SAFE act
- Astorino campaign representative speaks with Vestal, NY residents | VASS political blog on Resolutions