Sparaco and Schoenberger persuade Rockland County Democrats to defy King Cuomo and stand up for the people’s right to bear arms
BY DYLAN SKRILOFF
Hundreds of citizens who believe in the rights and tradition of gun ownership were pleasantly surprised at the results of Tuesday’s meeting of the Rockland County Legislature.
Legislator Frank Sparaco pushed for a resolution asking the state to repeal many provisions of the NY SAFE Act. He found significant bipartisan support for his view. Sparaco’s position is also in line with nearly 90 percent of New York Sheriffs who signed a position paper on the matter last month
Behind the bullish efforts of Republican Legislator Frank Sparaco and the parliamentary influence of Democratic Legislator Ilan Schoenberger, two significant resolutions swung in the favor of the gun rights crowd.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act