Legislative Chairman Jonathan S. Putney, D-Waddington, named a committee of Legislators Joseph R. Lightfoot, R-Ogdensburg; Scott M. Sutherland, R-Pierrepont; Sallie A. Brothers, D-Norfolk; and Frederick S. Morrill, D-DeKalb Junction, to draft a recommendation for other lawmakers to consider next week.
Mr. Lightfoot, a retired state police investigator, said he has reviewed the law in preparation for drawing up a resolution that criticizes aspects of the statute. The committee is scheduled to meet Thursday, and Mr. Lightfoot said he hopes to introduce a resolution to legislators next week.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act