At Tuesday’s Public Safety Committee hearing a resolution introduced by Leg. Chair Harriet Cornell (D) urging the state and federal government to support numerous gun control and mental health provisions was passed unanimously. It will be discussed at the full Legislature on Tuesday.
The most controversial points in Cornell’s resolution are support for reimposition of the 1994 federal assault weapons ban and a closure of the so-called gun show loophole. Cornell’s resolution cites long-debunked claims that the loophole causes 40 percent of gun transactions to take place without a background check. She also asks for more school spending on guidance counselors and other services.
Follow us on facebook
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- County Seal (51)
- News (181)
- News favoring (9)
- News opposing (168)
- Resolutions (319)
- Resolutions favoring (1)
- Resolutions opposing (316)
- Uncategorized (9)
- khal spencer on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Jim Trunk on Town of Pleasant Valley resolution calling for repeal of NY SAFE act.
- Limiting Liberty: How Governments Capitalize on Tragedy | PirateTimes on Resolutions
- What impact have SAFE Act gun laws had in Dutchess County? – Poughkeepsie Journal | Harvard Review on Dutchess County Deputy Sheriffs PBA statement on NY SAFE act
- Astorino campaign representative speaks with Vestal, NY residents | VASS political blog on Resolutions