The town of Riga has joined a small but growing chorus of municipalities vocalizing opposition to the state’s new gun control law.
Last week, the Riga Town Board voted 4 to 0 to adopt a resolution condemning the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act of 2013.
“The Riga Town Board does hereby oppose the enactment of any legislation that would infringe upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms and consider such laws to be unnecessary and beyond lawful legislative authority granted to our state representatives,” the resolution reads.
Follow us on facebook
- Town of Hopkinton resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- Hamburg opposes state gun legislation
- Batavia City Council Passes Resolution Calling for the Repeal of the SAFE Act of 2013
- Town of Barton resolution opposing mandatory gun owner insurance
- We’re mentioned in an article “Empire State DA: I won’t prosecute Cuomo’s new gun law”
TagsAlbanyCounty AssociationOfErieCountyGovernments CattaraugusCounty ChautauquaCounty ChemungCounty ColumbiaCounty DutchessCounty ErieCounty EssexCounty FultonCounty GreeneCounty HerkimerCounty JeffersonCounty LewisCounty MadisonCounty MonroeCounty NiagaraCounty OnondagaCounty OntarioCounty OrleansCounty OswegoCounty OtsegoCounty Passed Pending PutnamCounty RensselaerCounty RocklandCounty SaintLawrenceCounty SaratogaCounty SchoharieCounty SchuylerCounty SteubenCounty TiogaCounty TompkinsCounty TownOfChester TownOfDeerpark TownOfHoosick TownOfIndianLake TownofKendall TownOfShandaken TownOfThompson UlsterCounty WarrenCounty WestchesterCounty WyomingCounty