The town of Riga has joined a small but growing chorus of municipalities vocalizing opposition to the state’s new gun control law.
Last week, the Riga Town Board voted 4 to 0 to adopt a resolution condemning the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act of 2013.
“The Riga Town Board does hereby oppose the enactment of any legislation that would infringe upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms and consider such laws to be unnecessary and beyond lawful legislative authority granted to our state representatives,” the resolution reads.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo - Page 2 on Governor Cuomo’s response to our FOIL request
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo on FOIL request to Governor Cuomo
- Evan on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- John Eddy on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Over half of NY counties have denied Andy Cuomo use of their County Seals on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions