The town of Riga has joined a small but growing chorus of municipalities vocalizing opposition to the state’s new gun control law.
Last week, the Riga Town Board voted 4 to 0 to adopt a resolution condemning the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act of 2013.
“The Riga Town Board does hereby oppose the enactment of any legislation that would infringe upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms and consider such laws to be unnecessary and beyond lawful legislative authority granted to our state representatives,” the resolution reads.
Follow us on facebook
- Town of Cuyler resolution calling for repeal of sections of the NY SAFE act
- Town of Solon resolution calling for repeal of the NY SAFE act
- YATES COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE RESOLUTION on the “S.A.F.E. Act”
- Cortland County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs resolution calling for repeal of the NY SAFE act
- New York State Association of Counties 2nd resolution opposing NY SAFE
TagsAlbanyCounty AssociationOfCounties AssociationOfErieCountyGovernments CattaraugusCounty ChautauquaCounty ChemungCounty ClintonCounty ColumbiaCounty DutchessCounty ErieCounty EssexCounty FultonCounty GreeneCounty HerkimerCounty JeffersonCounty LewisCounty MadisonCounty MonroeCounty MontgomeryCounty NiagaraCounty OnondagaCounty OntarioCounty OrangeCounty OrleansCounty OswegoCounty OtsegoCounty Passed Pending RensselaerCounty RocklandCounty SaintLawrenceCounty SaratogaCounty SchoharieCounty SchuylerCounty SteubenCounty TompkinsCounty TownOfDeerpark TownofKendall TownOfShandaken TownOfThompson UlsterCounty WarrenCounty WestchesterCounty WyomingCounty YatesCounty