The Cayuga County Legislature passed a resolution Tuesday evening asking the state to repeal the New York SAFE Act, joining a growing list of counties voicing opposition to the stringent gun law.
The vote, however, was not unanimous.
Following a fairly short discussion, the Legislature voted 9-4 to support a resolution imploring state representatives to nix the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013. Legislators Cynthia Aikman, Mark Farrell, George Fearon and Patrick Mahunik voted against supporting a repeal.
Follow us on facebook
- The SAFE Act – has an opponent in the Newfield Town Council.
- Town of Stockholm resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- Pierrepont passes anti-SAFE act resolution unanimously
- Town of Clermont resolution calling for repeal of the SAFE act
- Town of Clermont resolution opposing frivolous use of messages of necessity
TagsAlbanyCounty AssociationOfErieCountyGovernments CattaraugusCounty ChautauquaCounty ChemungCounty ColumbiaCounty DutchessCounty ErieCounty EssexCounty FultonCounty GreeneCounty HerkimerCounty JeffersonCounty LewisCounty MadisonCounty MonroeCounty NiagaraCounty OnondagaCounty OntarioCounty OrleansCounty OswegoCounty OtsegoCounty Passed Pending PutnamCounty RensselaerCounty RocklandCounty SaintLawrenceCounty SaratogaCounty SchoharieCounty SchuylerCounty SteubenCounty TiogaCounty TompkinsCounty TownOfChester TownOfDeerpark TownOfHoosick TownOfIndianLake TownofKendall TownOfShandaken TownOfThompson UlsterCounty WarrenCounty WestchesterCounty WyomingCounty