The Cayuga County Legislature passed a resolution Tuesday evening asking the state to repeal the New York SAFE Act, joining a growing list of counties voicing opposition to the stringent gun law.
The vote, however, was not unanimous.
Following a fairly short discussion, the Legislature voted 9-4 to support a resolution imploring state representatives to nix the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013. Legislators Cynthia Aikman, Mark Farrell, George Fearon and Patrick Mahunik voted against supporting a repeal.
Follow us on facebook
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- County Seal (51)
- News (181)
- News favoring (9)
- News opposing (168)
- Resolutions (319)
- Resolutions favoring (1)
- Resolutions opposing (316)
- Uncategorized (9)
- khal spencer on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Jim Trunk on Town of Pleasant Valley resolution calling for repeal of NY SAFE act.
- Limiting Liberty: How Governments Capitalize on Tragedy | PirateTimes on Resolutions
- What impact have SAFE Act gun laws had in Dutchess County? – Poughkeepsie Journal | Harvard Review on Dutchess County Deputy Sheriffs PBA statement on NY SAFE act
- Astorino campaign representative speaks with Vestal, NY residents | VASS political blog on Resolutions
2 responses to “Cayuga Legislature asks state to repeal new gun laws”