Follow us on facebook
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- County Seal (51)
- News (181)
- News favoring (9)
- News opposing (168)
- Resolutions (319)
- Resolutions favoring (1)
- Resolutions opposing (316)
- Uncategorized (9)
- khal spencer on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Jim Trunk on Town of Pleasant Valley resolution calling for repeal of NY SAFE act.
- Limiting Liberty: How Governments Capitalize on Tragedy | PirateTimes on Resolutions
- What impact have SAFE Act gun laws had in Dutchess County? – Poughkeepsie Journal | Harvard Review on Dutchess County Deputy Sheriffs PBA statement on NY SAFE act
- Astorino campaign representative speaks with Vestal, NY residents | VASS political blog on Resolutions
Tag Archives: CayugaCounty
Cayuga County resolution denying NYS permission to use name, seal, letter head, or address for SAFE act correspondence
Posted in County Seal, Resolutions, Resolutions opposing
Tagged CayugaCounty, CountySeal, Passed
Cayuga Legislature asks state to repeal new gun laws
The Cayuga County Legislature passed a resolution Tuesday evening asking the state to repeal the New York SAFE Act, joining a growing list of counties voicing opposition to the stringent gun law.
The vote, however, was not unanimous.
Following a fairly short discussion, the Legislature voted 9-4 to support a resolution imploring state representatives to nix the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013. Legislators Cynthia Aikman, Mark Farrell, George Fearon and Patrick Mahunik voted against supporting a repeal.
Posted in News, News opposing