The St. Lawrence County Finance Committee unanimously passed a resolution in opposition to the NY SAFE Act gun control law.
St.Lawrence became the 48th of sixty-two counties have either passed or have pending resolutions in opposition to the law. Tonight’s resolution now moves to the full board scheduled for next week.
About 100 citizens came out to speak out against the controversial law. Arguments against the bill varied between the SAFE Act’s infringement on the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution to Governor Cuomo’s “measure of necessity” enacted to push the bill through without public input.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act on State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Anonymous on State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- Invictus on Rochester, Yonkers, White Plains among governments backing NY-SAFE Act
- RESOLUTION OPPOSING USE OF MADISON COUNTY SEALS BY STATE OF NEW YORK - TOTAL Firearm Techniques Inc. on RESOLUTION OPPOSING USE OF MADISON COUNTY SEALS BY STATE OF NEW YORK
- Lewis County lashes out against state over SAFE Act - TOTAL Firearm Techniques Inc. on Lewis County lashes out against state over SAFE Act