Albany County Sheriff speaks out against some provisions of the SAFE Act; but, he says he has no choice, but to enforce it. YNN’s Madeleine Rivera has more.
Thousands of people have criticized the SAFE Act, like the people rallying outside the Capitol last week. And, now, Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple is speaking out against it.
“People should be concerned about the lawful gun owner because that’s our God-given right,” said Apple.
Apple says he’s not against all of the provisions. He opposes some, like restricting the definition of an assault weapon to a single feature and liming the legal number of bullets to seven.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act