At its regular meeting on Feb. 14 the Town of Warwick board voted unanimously to call upon the state Legislature to repeal the NY SAFE Act.
On Jan. 15 New York became the first state to enact gun control legislation in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn., last December.
Councilman Mickey Shuback insisted it be a roll call vote.
Resident Steve Gross pleaded with the board members to not pass their resolution and challenge instead those parts they find objectionable but keep good elements such as mental health restrictions and closing loop holes on gun sales.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act