Some Republican Broome County legislators plan to introduce a resolution this month stating their opposition to New York’s new gun control law.
The legislators were joined by Broome County Executive Debbie Preston, Sheriff Dave Harder and Mental Health Commissioner Art Johnson at a news conference at the Sheriff’s Office Thursday. The officials say they’ve heard a lot of anger from their constituents who oppose the new restrictions which ban certain assault weapons, limit the size of ammunition clips to 7 bullets and force mental health providers to report on their patients.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act