All four rural Hilltowns have heard from citizens attending board meetings. Knox, Westerlo, and Rensselaerville have passed resolutions on the SAFE Act, and Berne has produced a draft to be revised with a resident’s paragraph acknowledging that some people view the law as an infringement on their right to bear arms.
In Knox and Berne, the resolutions criticized the quick passage of the SAFE Act and lack of public comment.
Thomas Fallati, an attorney for Rensselaerville, said he drafted the language for the resolution passed by the town board, though he was aware of language used in other resolutions throughout the state.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act