Stacy Case, her bright, yellow “Don’t Tread On Me” flag curled beside her, openly wept with happiness as Deerpark Councilman David Dean read a resolution condemning New York’s newly passed gun legislation and expressing support for the Constitution’s Second Amendment — the one focusing on the right to bear arms.
The Deerpark Town Board meeting Tuesday night began with a solemn but nonobligatory prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance. But it drew to a close with the board unanimously voting against the state’s new NY-SAFE gun legislation Tuesday night and a standing ovation from a crowd of about 30. “This is for the future, this is for my children, your children,” said Dean, who helped put together the resolution.
Follow us on facebook
- Town of Cuyler resolution calling for repeal of sections of the NY SAFE act
- Town of Solon resolution calling for repeal of the NY SAFE act
- YATES COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE RESOLUTION on the “S.A.F.E. Act”
- Cortland County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs resolution calling for repeal of the NY SAFE act
- New York State Association of Counties 2nd resolution opposing NY SAFE
TagsAlbanyCounty AssociationOfCounties AssociationOfErieCountyGovernments CattaraugusCounty ChautauquaCounty ChemungCounty ClintonCounty ColumbiaCounty DutchessCounty ErieCounty EssexCounty FultonCounty GreeneCounty HerkimerCounty JeffersonCounty LewisCounty MadisonCounty MonroeCounty MontgomeryCounty NiagaraCounty OnondagaCounty OntarioCounty OrangeCounty OrleansCounty OswegoCounty OtsegoCounty Passed Pending RensselaerCounty RocklandCounty SaintLawrenceCounty SaratogaCounty SchoharieCounty SchuylerCounty SteubenCounty TompkinsCounty TownOfDeerpark TownofKendall TownOfShandaken TownOfThompson UlsterCounty WarrenCounty WestchesterCounty WyomingCounty YatesCounty