Hundreds of Second Amendment supporters came out Tuesday night to the Ulster County Legislature meeting, to protest a resolution being considered by the Law Enforcement and Public Safety Committee. The proposal, which appears to have little support among legislators, sought to request Congress and the President to respond to December’s Sandy Hook shootings with unspecified legislation for further gun control.
So many members of the public attended, that the meeting room overflowed into the 6th floor corridor of the Ulster County Office Building in Kingston, filling the corridor tight with people from end to end. Fifty members of the public expressed their concerns during 2 ½ hours of public comment.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act