Disappointed with aspects of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s gun control bill and frustrated by the manner in which it was passed, Jefferson County legislators are considering drafting a resolution opposing the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013.
Modeled after a resolution created by Republican legislators in Ulster County, the Jefferson County resolution is expected to stake out a position opposing the act and requesting its repeal. The Jefferson County Board of Legislators has a 13-2 Republican majority.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act