Lewis County legislators on Tuesday took aim at the state’s new gun law and approved advertising for a new trail coordinator.
“It was pushed too fast with no due consideration,” Legislator Paul M. Stanford, D-Watson, said of the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement, or NY SAFE, Act.
County lawmakers by a 10-0 vote passed a resolution calling on the state Legislature and Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo to “set aside and annul this ill conceived and poorly drafted statute which abridges the rights of law-abiding citizens of the State of New York.”
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act