Ulster gun rights enthusiasts have flexed their muscles in recent weeks, showing up by the hundreds to oppose New York’s new gun law.
Now, gun control advocates are finally firing back.
Nearly 270 residents have signed an online petition opposing Ulster County’s proposed call for a repeal of the newly enacted gun regulations.
“We do not see (the Second Amendment) as a rights that trumps all other rights, including the right of citizens to be free from deadly violence,” reads part of the resolution.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act