Sheriff Seeley began saying that while he supports several aspects of the law, including that which addresses the mentally ill; the section which requires gunowners to keep weapons inaccessible in homes where a resident has been involuntarily committed, convicted of a crime or is the subject of an order of protection; the “opt-out” clause which places a restriction on FOIL requests, allowing license pistol permit holders to keep information private and confidential; and that portion of the law which enhances penalties for killing of first responders — firefighters and emergency medical services — by making it first degree murder, requiring life without parole.
Other than that, Seeley said he stands with the people in the room and will do everything in his power to uphold their constitutional rights.
Seeley also said that as Sheriff he represents all the people in Greene County and he has taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York, and he will continue to enforce all laws of the state and protect the rights of all citizens, including those rights guaranteed by those constitutions.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- Ralph G. Thompson on Town of Berne resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- Rpl on The New York State Sheriffs’ Association’s OFFICIAL Response to NY SAFE Act
- Iroquois Rod & Gun Club Resolution Condemning the NYS SAFE Act 0f 2013, and Supporting Citizens Inalienable Rights to Bear Arms - TOTAL Firearm Techniques Inc. on Iroquois Rod & Gun Club Resolution Condemning the NYS SAFE Act 0f 2013, and Supporting Citizens Inalienable Rights to Bear Arms
- rayhull on Resolutions
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb! - TOTAL Firearm Techniques Inc. on Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!