Benson said he will test the waters when the Legislature meets on Thursday. Since the passage of the state’s SAFE Act, constituents have been calling him to denounce the legislation as unnecessary and an infringement on Second Amendment rights, he said.
“They think it’s a ridiculous law and we didn’t need it,” he said. “They thought there were enough laws on the books, and they (the state) should enforce the laws that they have.”
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act