The Sullivan County Legislature approved a resolution calling for a repeal of New York’s SAFE Act gun-control measure on a day when more than 200 gun-rights supporters swarmed Government Center for a noon rally.
Many of those at the rally stayed to watch the Legislature unanimously support repeal of the law.
Legislators Gene Benson and Cora Edwards introduced Sullivan’s repeal resolution, which is similar to resolutions passed around the state, including in Ulster County.
“I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the state of New York,” Benson told the crowd that rallied outside Government Center’s south entrance. “We the people are at the bottom. We have to let the people at the top know where we stand.”
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act