|Resolution Objecting To Use Of Chemung County Seal By New York State Associated With NY SAFE ACT Passed By Legislature|
|January 15, 2014|
At the meeting of the Chemung County Legislature on January 13th, the legislature passed the following resolution objecting to the use of Chemung County’s Seal or Logo on the State website associated with pistol permit re-certification and/or the NY SAFE ACT of 2013.
WHEREAS, the State of New York has passed a gun control law referred to as the SAFE Act, and
WHEREAS, in recent discussions, the state has indicated as interest in using the Seal of Chemung County and the names of the offices of the Chemung County Sheriff and Chemung County Clerk in pistol permit re-certification notices; and
WHEREAS, the County Sheriff and County Clerk have voiced their strong objection to this request and suggestion; therefore be it
RESOLVED, that the Chemung County Legislature denies the State of New York permission to use the name, seal of Chemung County, letterhead of address for purposes of correspondence with legal and registered gun owners regarding permit re-certification or for any other purpose associated with the SAFE Act; and be it further
RESOLVED, that copies of this resolution should be transmitted to the Office of Governor of the State of New York, Senator Thomas F. O’Mara, Assemblyman Christopher S. Friend, the Superintendent of the New York State Police, and the Legislature of every County in New York State.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!
- State officials won’t be able to use Ulster County seal for SAFE Act
- State officially denied use of Chenango county seal in SAFE Act
- Governor Cuomo’s office responds to our 2014 FOIL request
- Town of Clarkson resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- Ralph G. Thompson on Town of Berne resolution opposing the NY SAFE act
- Rpl on The New York State Sheriffs’ Association’s OFFICIAL Response to NY SAFE Act
- Iroquois Rod & Gun Club Resolution Condemning the NYS SAFE Act 0f 2013, and Supporting Citizens Inalienable Rights to Bear Arms - TOTAL Firearm Techniques Inc. on Iroquois Rod & Gun Club Resolution Condemning the NYS SAFE Act 0f 2013, and Supporting Citizens Inalienable Rights to Bear Arms
- rayhull on Resolutions
- Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb! - TOTAL Firearm Techniques Inc. on Want to throw Cuomo out? The grassroots are doing a moneybomb!