More than 30 county legislatures have passed resolutions in opposition to the state’s gun-control law. Some Democratic-controlled local governments are backing it, though.
Government leaders in White Plains; Ramapo, Rockland County; the Westchester County Legislature; and the Rochester City Council have either written lawmakers in support of the law or passed resolutions in favor of it. So too has the Yonkers city leadership.
“The new law includes the strongest assault weapons ban in the nation and we not only endorse this, we have acted upon it. Rochester has had an assault weapon ban on the books since 1993,” the Rochester City Council and Mayor Thomas Richards wrote in a letter Feb. 28 to Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver…
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo - Page 2 on Governor Cuomo’s response to our FOIL request
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo on FOIL request to Governor Cuomo
- Evan on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- John Eddy on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Over half of NY counties have denied Andy Cuomo use of their County Seals on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions