[The] board unanimously approved 15 of the 16 resolutions before them with minimal discussion. The exception to this was resolution number 31, which proposed to ‘deny the State of New York permission to use the seal of the County of Saratoga, the Saratoga County Sheriff and the Saratoga County Clerk for any purpose associated with the New York State SAFE act.’ The controversial SAFE act requires licensed gun owners to recertify all firearms within a period of five years. The resolution passed. Voting against the resolution were Supervisors Peter Martin of Saratoga Springs and supervisor Preston Jenkins of Moreau.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo - Page 2 on Governor Cuomo’s response to our FOIL request
- NY SAFE resolutions FOILs Governor Cuomo on FOIL request to Governor Cuomo
- Evan on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- John Eddy on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions
- Over half of NY counties have denied Andy Cuomo use of their County Seals on County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions